CONSULTANT ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON
Consultant T&O, University Hospital UHCW, UK
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, “Hygeia” Hospital, Athens Greece
Athens office: Dion. Eginitou 8, Ilisia, Athens
(Near Metro station ‘Megaro Mousikis’, opposite Eginition Hospital)
‘Hygeia’ Hospital Office: Erythrou Staurou 5, Marousi, Athens
Tel. +30 213 0998209 | Mob. +30 6940 278683
Mr Konstantinos Sarantos is fellowship trained and subspecialized in Primary and Revision Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasties, including infections and complex cases, in the United Kingdom.
Was trained in the innovative minimal invasive technique “SuperPathⓇ“, from the developer of the technique Dr. Jimmy Chow, in Phoenix Arizona back in 2014, and has performed the first “SuperPathⓇ“ operation in Europe and UK in 2014.
Since then he has performed huge number of operations with this technique and has helped in the improvement and development of the technique in Europe.
Mr Sarantos is an official trainer of the “SuperPathⓇ” technique in Europe and has trained in more than 20 cadaveric courses, more than 200 Orthopaedic Surgeons from Europe (Germany, England, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Russia, Scandinavian countries etc.), Latin America, Asia and Africa.
The “SuperPath Ⓡ” technique is the last development in minimal invasive techniques. The hip, is never surgically dislocated and no muscles or tendons are cut. The muscles are just split and hold apart and the whole operation is done from a small window (like building a ship in a bottle)
Without cutting any muscles the trauma in the soft tissues is minimal and the pain and bleeding is minimal as well. More soft tissues are intact and mainly the external rotators and gluteus muscles. These muscles prevent dislocation and allow for normal gait without limping as usually seen in patients underwent the traditional or other minimal invasive techniques. The patient is mobilized within hours after the surgery and can be discharged even the next day in the majority of cases. The pain is much less, the recovery much quicker and the hip feels more ‘normal’
Mr Sarantos introduced the “SuperPath Ⓡ” technique in Greece, in November 2016 at the University Hospital of Larissa and since 2018 is working as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon At “Hygeia” Hospital , and keeps a private practice at Athens center as well.
Mr Sarantos is a certified Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Robotic Hip and Knee Arthroplasty with the MAKO robot.
Robotic Hip and Knee Arthroplasty with the last MAKO 2018, is the last technological achievement in Orthopaedics. The operation is personalised on the specific patient and after having a Computerized Tomography the operation is performed with the help of the MAKO robot with extreme accuracy.
Mr Sarantos has attended multiple scientific international courses and congresses and has multiple publications in scientific journals.
• 2014 training in minimal invasive technique “SuperPathⓇ”, Phoenix , Arizona USA
• 2014 Honorary Lecturer, Medical School University of Warwick, UK
• 2016 Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS England)
• 2014 Consultant University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW), UK
• 2013-2014 Senior Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Fellow, University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire (UHCW), UK
• 2012 AO Trauma Fellowship, St George’s Hospital London, UK
• 2012-2013 Senior Knee Fellow Leeds Teaching Hospital, UK
• 2011-2012 Specialist Registrar (ST7) LGI Leeds Teaching hospital, UK
• 2011 Shoulder Fellowship at Goethe University Frankfurt am Main (Seligenstadt), Germany
• 2007-2010 Locum Consultant, ‘G.Gennimatas’ Hospital, Athens Greece
• 2007 Completion of Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics, “KAT’ Hospital, Athens Greece
• 2002-2007 Resident in Orthopaedics, ‘ΚΑΤ’ Hospital, Athens Greece
• 2001 Resident in General Surgery, ‘ΚΑΤ’ Hospital, Athens Greece
• 1998 Graduated Medical School of Ioannina, Greece
Minimal Invasive Total Hip Arthroplasty “SuperPath Ⓡ”
Robotic Hip Arthroplasty with the MAKO 2018 Robot
Total Hip Replacement with innovative techniques (OPS, Custom Made, Computer assisted, PSI Patient Specific Implants)
Revision of loose or failed Total Hip Replacements
Infections and complex hip cases
Robotic Knee Arthroplasty (Total or partial-UNI) with the MAKO 2018 Robot
Minimal Invasive Total Knee Arthroplasty (MIS)
Total Knee Replacement with innovative techniques (OPS, Custom Made, Computer assisted, PSI Patient Specific Implants)
Revision of loose or failed Total Knee Replacements
Infections and complex knee cases
Soft Tissue Knee
Stem cells therapies - PRP