PETROS KOURIDAKIS MD '87, PhD
Colonel Hellenic Army
Director of Surgical Unit of 424 Army General Hospital
Doctor of Democritus University of Thrace
Postgraduate Training in USA
Tsimiski Ioanni 82, 546 22 Thessaloniki
Tel. +30 2310 250351 | Mob. +30 6944 253979
EDUCATION & TRAINING
1987 Aristoteleion University of Thessaloniki, School of Medicine. Degree in Medicine (MD) Postgraduate
1993 Residency in Surgery. AXEPA General Hospital, Thessaloniki
2012 Ph.D. in Medicine / Surgery with honors, Dimokrition University of Thrace, School of Medicine, Section of Surgery
APPOINTMENTS & POSITIONS
Apr 2009 - today: Chief of the Β’ Surgical Department, 424 General Military Hospital, Thessaloniki
Jan.2009-Apr.2009: Training in Surgery of Bowel, 1st University Departments, AHEPA hospital, Thessaloniki
Aug 2006-Jan 2009: Consultant B’ Surgical Department, 424 General Military Hospital, Thessaloniki
Jan 2006-Aug 2006: Health Officer, Military Base, Nea Santa, Kilkis
Jan 2006-Jun 2006: Commander, 299 Military Hospital, Chief of Surgeons, Kabul, Afghanistan
Oct 2003-Jan 2006: Consultant B΄ Surgical Department, 424 General Military Hospital, Thessaloniki
Oct 2001-Oct 2003: Chief Surgical Department ,,424 General Military Hospital Xanthi.
Oct 2000-Οκτ 2001: - International scholar at USUHS, Washington DC, USA. (Dept. of Surgery of the USUHS, WRMC, NNMC)
- Inova Regional Trauma Center, Inova Fairfax Hospital Virginia.
- Visiting fellow at University of Illinois in Chicago.
Jan1999- Oct 2000: Consultant Α΄ Surgical Department ,,424 General Military Hospital, Thessaloniki
Aug 1996-Jan 1999: Chief of A’ Surgical , 79 Military Base, Samos
Mar.1995-Aug1996: Consultant Α΄ Surgical Department 424 General Military Hospital, Thessaloniki
GREEK mother tongue
English Proficient user (Listening, Reading, Spoken interaction, Spoken production)
MEMBERSHIP IN SOCIETIES, COMMITEES AND SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZATIONS
1. Medical Association, Thessaloniki
2. Hellenic Surgical Association
3. Surgical Association of North Greece
4. Hellenic Society of Endoscopic Surgery.
5. Panhellenic Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery
6. European Association of Trauma and Emergency Surgery.
7. Hellenic Society of emergency medicine
8. Hellenic Vascular Society.
CONTINIOUS MEDICAL EDUCATION
ATLS Diploma , ACS (American College of Surgeons ).
81 international and national conferences and thematic congresses, hands on courses and seminars since 1990
Specific training in the framework of NATO:
1. NATO Medical Seminar «ASKLIPIOS», HQ NATO DEPLOYABLE CORPS-GREECE, 04-05 Oct 2006, Thessaloniki
2. Medical Seminar «ASKLEPIUS 2012», HQ NATO DEPLOYABLE CORPS-GREECE (NDC-GR HQ), 14 December 2012, Thessaloniki.
3. (Coordinator), “ First aid and Preventive Medicine” training, NRDC-GR HQ, 26-27 March 2013, Thessaloniki.
4. G4/ Medical Section, (Chairman), 17 September 2013.
5. Medical Seminar «ASKLEPIUS 2013», HQ NATO RAPID DEPLOYABLE CORPS-GREECE (NRDC-GR HQ), 04-05 December 2013, Thessaloniki.
PARTICIPATION IN MILITARY / PEACEMAKING MISSIONS
Jan 2006-Jun 2006 : Commander, 299 Military Hospital, Chief of Surgeons, Kabul, Afghanistan
Medical Instructor in Postgraduate Courses ( more than130 hours) in the national Vocational Training Institute, Thessaloniki Department ( surgery, trauma, surgical skills for musing staff)
Trainer in 4 Postgraduate Professional Training Seminars of Medical and Nursing Staff "Management of Trauma & Major Disasters", funded by the Greek Ministry of Health and Welfare (since 2004)
RESEARCH PAPERS & PRESENTATIONS
24 in Hellenic Meetings
9 in International Meetings
INVITED LECTURES - ROUND TABLES
9 in Hellenic Conferences, congresses and round tables
6 in International Conferences, congresses and round tables
1 Chapter in Books
2 Publications in International Peer Reviewed Journals
4 Publications in Hellenic Journals
Treating colon and anorectal deseases
Surgery of Biliary