IOANNIS A. CHLOROGIANNIS MD
Director of Cardiac Surgery Clinic “EUROCLINIC ATHENS”
EUROCLINIC: Tel.: +30 210 6416600
PRIVATE PRACTICE: 118 B’ Kifissias Avenue, Athens
Tel. +30 210 6990211 | Mob. +30 6932 719720
Interview for Cardiac Surgery with the cardiac surgeon specialist Dr. Chlorogiannis Ioannis, Director of Cardiac Surgery Clinic (EUROCLINIC of ATHENS).
Q: What is the ultimate goal of Cardiovascular Surgery?
A: The ultimate goal of Cardiovascular Surgery is the optimization of medicine supply to the cardiac patients through the following main parameters:
1. Quality: improving postoperative quality of life of heart patients without the disease and without need for reoper-
2. Quantity: increased life expectancy of heart patients.
3. Research: Search for new effective methods and techniques for dealing with heart disease.
4. Education: Continuing education and conveying of cardiac procedures and techniques to future generations of
Q: What are the Advantages of mammary artery versus venous grafts from the leg?
A: The following modern specialized cardiac technique, which is successfully applied in our clinic can maximize the quality of life and life expectancy of heart patients. There is a variety of superiority elements of mammary artery versus venous grafts as:
1. Improving the quality of life of heart patients.
2. Increase the life expectancy of patients with two mammary arteries by 26% compared with those who only took one mammary artery.
3. Increased durability of mammary artery atherosclerosis.
4. Operating endothelium in the mammary artery graft.
5. Better resistance of the arterial endothelium to high systemic arterial pressures.
6. Better resistance of the arterial endothelium in pulsatory blood flow.
7. Increased production of prostacyclin and nitric acid.
8. More appropriate graft diameter (matching).
9. Ability to self-blood flow mammary depending on the needs of the myocardium.
Bypass surgery with arterial grafts and mammary arteries for long term survival. Valvuloplasty correction of mitral valve.
Traditional and Robotic Cardiac Surgery.
Implementation of digital technology.